Our BELIEFS about Cleveland City Schools:
- We believe that Cleveland City Schools is a learning organization that focuses on continuous learning at all levels.
- We believe in mutual respect between and among adults and students.
- We believe that innovation, creativity, and risk-taking in a safe and healthy environment allows for a more effective outcome.
Our BELIEFS about our roles:
- We believe students’ attention and commitment must be earned in order for learning to occur at high levels.
- We believe teachers are instructional leaders and curriculum designers.
- We believe principals are instructional leaders that our teachers look to for support.
- We believe support staff create an environment that enables students to learn at high levels.
- We believe parents are our partners and members of the school community.
- We believe the role of the Director of Schools is one of moral and intellectual leadership and central office staff are collaborative by design and serve as capacity builders.
- We believe that the school board functions as a team and sees its role as building community and advocating for the students, staff, and citizens of Cleveland City.
Based on our BELIEFS, We will…
- …plan for learning to occur
- …teach for understanding
- …assess our learners to determine next steps
- …incorporate problem-solving and innovation in teaching and learning
- …use Tennessee State Standards to guide our instruction and teaching
- …sustain a collaborative culture with a focus on learning for all
- …engage our families and communities
- …recruit, retain, and develop highly competent, diverse educators
- …build leadership capacity within our educational community