Elementary School Zones
The Cleveland City Schools Board of Education has approved new elementary school zones effective for the 2019-2020 school year. As our community and the school system grow, we want all students and schools to have equitable resources and the space to adequately accommodate the programs offered at each school.
The Board of Education allows for cross-zone and tuition students when space is available at a school. To request any school other than the zoned school for your student next year, you must complete the Online Cross-Zone and Tuition Application. If you have more than one student, a separate application should be submitted for each. The priority deadline to submit the Online Cross-Zone and Tuition Application is Monday, April 15th. Submissions after this date will be assigned a lower priority. After submissions are received and processed, an email will be sent to you by Friday, May 17th with a preliminary decision.
- Bus Transportation will not be provided for cross-zone/tuition students.
- If enrollment numbers change for a school and reach the maximum class size or grade band averages established by the State of Tennessee and/or the Cleveland Board of Education, cross-zone/tuition students will not be allowed, even if these numbers change after the school year begins.
- A cross-zone/tuition student must maintain satisfactory attendance, behavior, and effort to remain in that school.
- Please read the Administrative Procedure 6.204.1 (Priorities for Cross-Zone and Non-Resident Students) for more information.
- If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Doug Moore, Director of Student Services at email@example.com or (423) 472-9571.