Elementary School Zones
The Cleveland City Schools Board of Education approved new elementary school zones effective for the 2019-2020 school year. As our community and the school system grow, we want all students and schools to have equitable resources and the space to adequately accommodate the programs offered at each school.
The Board of Education allows for cross-zone and tuition students when space is available at a school. The priority deadline to submit an application to cross-zone was Monday, April 15, 2019. Submissions after this date were assigned a lower priority.
- Bus Transportation will not be provided for cross-zone/tuition students.
- If enrollment numbers change for a school and reach the maximum class size or grade band averages established by the State of Tennessee and/or the Cleveland Board of Education, cross-zone/tuition students will not be allowed, even if these numbers change after the school year begins.
- A cross-zone/tuition student must maintain satisfactory attendance, behavior, and effort to remain in that school.
- Please read the Administrative Procedure 6.204.1 (Priorities for Cross-Zone and Non-Resident Students) for more information.
- If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Doug Moore, Director of Student Services at email@example.com or (423) 472-9571.