School Attendance Zones
Cleveland City Schools will open a new elementary school in August 2019. Candy's Creek Cherokee Elementary - Home of the Thunderbirds - will be our first elementary school west of I-75, off Georgetown Road, Hwy. 60. To that end, our team will develop a plan for transitioning students and staff to the new school and align the school attendance zones for all elementary schools. A committee process is now at work developing options for our Board of Education to consider. These committees include the following:
- Steering Committee chaired by Dr. Russell Dyer
- Educational Opportunity chaired by Dr. Jeff Elliott
- School Capacity chaired by Mr. Michael Kahrs
- Human Resources chaired by Mr. Kelly Kiser
- Attendance Zones and Transportation chaired by Mr. Doug Moore
- Communications chaired by Dr. Russell Dyer
The committees contain school board members, principals from our elementary schools, teachers, city officials, and parents. We will host community meetings regarding this work as well as meetings with school staff once it is time to start moving forward. Our goal is to provide options for the Board of Education to vote on before March 1, 2019.
- Click here to view the Community Meeting on School Zones, November 8, 2018
- Timeline of Community and Board Meetings
- Committee Goals
- Frequently Asked Questions
Check back often to this webpage for the latest information on the School Attendance Zones.