Pick-up/ Drop-off Guidelines:
Morning Car Drop-off
- The school issues each student a pick-up card with their name on it.
- Use right lane for drop-off/pick-up only. Use the left lane for exiting the campus. There should be no parking on the grass
- Students should load/unload at the curb only, near the covered portion of the sidewalk. Students are not allowed to cross the driveway as this presents a major safety hazard.
- Upon entering the loading/unloading area, please pull all the way forward and allow your child to meet you there. We load three to four students at a time.
(Note: This is a new procedure. Please read.)
Afternoon Car Pick-up
- All general education students, regardless of grade, may be dropped off at Door 6 (the 3rd/4th grade door) from 7:40-8:25. This is the only entrance for car riders. Door 1 (the front circle) is for walkers, only. All other doors will be locked in the morning. The change was created to ensure a safer learning environment.
- Special needs students may use the handicap parking spots at Door 4 for the Discovery Pre-K, CDC and ERC classes. Check with your teacher for drop-times and procedures.
- Door 6 (the drop-off door) will be locked at 8:25.
- After 8:25, parents may park and bring students in through the office, as their student will be tardy. All students must be in the classroom by 8:30.
(Note: This is a NEW procedure. Please read.)
- All general education students will be released from Door 6 (the 3rd/4th gr door).
- Please stay in the right hand lane at all times. We will load several students at a time, allowing you to pull away as a line rather than changin lanes. Only use the left lane, if you MUST pull around someone. Special needs students using the handicap parking spots near Door 4, will need to be pulled around. We ask that parents loading special needs students use their hazard lights to indicate they are loading the vehicle and will need additinal time. All vehicles should stay in the line until they have reached their designed stop. (Cars should not be cutting in and out of the line.)
- No students will be released from the "Front Circle," Door 1. This area is reserved for parents who walk to get their children from the neighborhoods around Stuart, special needs buses, emergencies and parents who need to pick up children early for doctor appointments. Please note, students checked out before 3:30 are considered "early check-outs." These days add up the same as tardies and can count toward truancy issues.
In an effort to expedite the pick-up of your student, please display this card hanging from your mirror. Walkers must have a special card to pick-up their student. Only parents with a "Walker Card" may use this service. All other parents must remain in their car and pick-up students from the designated areas.
If you need an additional card please inform your student’s teacher or email Pam Gowin at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you in advance for your cooperation.