RULES OF ENGAGEMENT FOR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- Are vulgar or profane;
- Contain personal attacks or accusations;
- Could be offensive to or target specific ethnic or racial groups;
- Incite Violence;
- Encourage others to break the law;
- Could be considered campaigning for a political office;
- Easily identity students and/or staff in defamatory, abusive or generally negative terms;
- Promote services or products; or
- Are rude or deride the opinions of others
The Cleveland City Schools District’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts are meant to be another source of information to the community, as well as a place for the district to engage with its stakeholders. We welcome the opportunity to hear from you and encourage your participation.
At the same time, we would like to establish some rules for engagement. We expect that the people who use our pages exercise civility and common sense when posting comments to our pages. Please remember that your comments can be viewed by many people in our community and are considered to be in the public domain. While the district does not want to limit the opinions or comments of its community members, certain types of comments will not be tolerated.
We reserve the right to delete posts that:
Thank you for observing the rules of engagement and we welcome your participation and feedback. If you have any questions or concerns about the district’s Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts, please email Julie Smith, Public Relations Officer, email@example.com.