We are excited to announce the Cleveland City Schools' District-Level Teachers of the Year, Principal of the Year, and Supervisor of the Year for the 2022-2023 School Year!
"These folks represent the best of the best in Cleveland City Schools," Dr. Russell Dyer said. "I would put them up against anyone in the nation. I'm proud to have them represent our school system."
District Teachers of the Year
- Hannah White has been selected as Cleveland City Schools' Middle School Teacher of the Year! She teaches Spanish for 6th, 7th, and 8th Grades! She has three years of experience in teaching!
- Mark Miles has been selected as Cleveland City Schools' High School Teacher of the Year! He teaches AP Calculus, College Algebra Dual Enrollment, and Bridge Math at Cleveland High School! He has 28 years of teaching experience!
- Jasmine Roden has been selected as Cleveland City Schools' Elementary School Teacher of the Year. She teaches 5th Grade Reading/Language Arts and Science at Blythe-Bower Elementary School! She has six years of teaching experience!
Principal of the Year
- Lisa Earby has been selected as Cleveland City Schools' Principal of the Year! She is the principal of Candy's Creek Cherokee Elementary School! Mrs. Earby has been working for Cleveland City Schools for 30 years. She has served as principal of Candy's Creek Cherokee Elementary School for four years.
Supervisor of the year
- Christy Duncan has been selected as Cleveland City Schools' Supervisor of the Year! She is currently the English as a Second Language (ESL) Supervisor! Mrs. Duncan started working for Cleveland City Schools in 2000 as an ESL Teacher. This is her fifth year serving as ESL Supervisor.
Congratulations to all of these hardworking individuals! We're so thankful for your dedication and support to Cleveland City Schools! Best of luck to each educator as they move into the state levels of competition!