Blended Learning And Digital Enhancement Project
BLADE Project Mission:
Our mission is to foster an innovative culture that brings together the best methods and practices of teaching with current technologies to promote new and relevant learning opportunities for students. Through blended learning, our district seeks to personalize the educational experience for our students, thus producing students that are college and career ready.
The vision of the Cleveland City Schools' B.L.A.D.E. Project is to promote collaboration, communication, critical thinking, creativity, and personalized learning.
Our goals are the following:
- Provide an instructional program for educators that empowers them to learn new technologies and gives them ample time to practice blended learning principles.
- Implement the practice of blended learning, with ample mentoring, collaboration, and feedback to ensure success in the learning environment.
- Monitor the impact of blended learning on student achievement based on educator feedback.
- Engage community employers and other stakeholders in support of a blended learning environment.
- Assess the technology infrastructure of our schools to ensure the growth of our program. Ensure adequate staff to maintain the network and devices.
- Provide each student with equitable access and basic computing skills. Provide support to students and families in regards to technological tools, resources, online assessments, and instruction.
- Ensure the principles of digital citizenship are shared and promoted by employees, students, and families.
Blended Learning - A formal education program that involves combining Internet and digital media with traditional classroom methods that require the physical presence of both a teacher and students, with some element of student control over time, place, path, or pace. (synonymous with Personalized Education)
Innovation - A way of thinking that creates something new and better.
Transformative Teaching - Emphasizes inquiry, critical thinking, and the development of higher-order thinking and communication skills
Technology Education – A study of technology, which provides an opportunity for students to learn about the processes and knowledge related to technology that is needed to solve problems and extend human capabilities.
Collaboration – The ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse teams, compromise to accomplish a common goal, and and to assume shared responsibility for collaborative work.
Communication – The ability to communicate clearly using a variety of forms, communicate using a range of purposes, use multiple media and technologies, and to communicate effectively in diverse environments.
Critical Thinking – The ability to reason effectively, analyze, and make judgements and decisions, and solve problems.
Creativity – The ability to think creatively, work creatively with others, and implement innovation.
Problem Based Learning - Problem-based learning (PBL) is an approach that challenges students to learn through engagement in a real problem.
Digital Citizenship - Digital citizenship is the norms of appropriate, responsible technology use.